Delicious flaky pastry rolls filled with dairy-free ‘cheese’ and spinach. A great treat to have on the weekend, at parties or a speedy evening treat!
- 320g ready rolled puff pastry – or use gluten-free puff pastry if allergic/intolerant
- 100g Baby spinach
- 100g Violife Greek White
- 50g Violife Original Block, Grated
- 30g Violife Prosociano, grated
- ¼ white onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds for decoration
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the onions for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 1 minute. Add the spinach and cook until wilted and all the water has evaporated.
- Leave to cool, then chop finely and add to a bowl along with the salt and pepper. Crumble in the Greek white, add the grated original block and the grated Prosociano. Mix well.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet and cut into 2 even rectangles. Spoon the spinach mixture along one long edge of pastry strip. Brush the other long edge with dairy-free milk. Roll up to enclose filling and form rolls. Cut each roll diagonally into 4 pieces. Place on a greased baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes in a 200C/180C fan oven.
- Leave to cool a little and enjoy!