Sautéed kale takes the lead in this fabulous, crispy, keto salad. Together, scrumptious blue cheese, Dijon mustard and garlic bring down the house. We give this one a standing ovation. Great as a side dish to almost any meal. Bravo!
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced or finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 oz. butter
- 8 oz. kale
- 4 oz. blue cheese or feta cheese
- Mix together heavy cream, mayonnaise, mustard, olive oil and garlic in a small beaker. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Rinse the kale and cut into small, bite-size pieces. Remove and discard the thick stem.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the butter. Sauté the kale quickly so it turns a nice color, but no more than that. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a bowl and pour the dressing on top. Stir thoroughly and serve with crumbled blue cheese or another flavorful cheese of your choice.
- The dressing is great with any type of leafy green salad.
- If you like green juice, save the kale stems and ribs and use them in your next juice!