Healthy Recipes - These Sweet potato bites with avocado and bacon are a sweet potato appetizer recipe that is perfect for serving to a crowd. Baked sweet potato slices topped with fresh avocado and crisp bacon. Great finger food for game day! Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, and DELICIOUS. Who could ask for anything more?
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon — about 3 ounces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes — scrubbed clean, peels on
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt — divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium avocados — peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake bacon according to these directions. Remove to a paper towel–lined plate and lightly pat dry. Once cool enough to handle, dice and set aside.
- If necessary, move the racks to the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil (if reusing one of the bacon sheets, change out the foil for a fresh piece). Brush sheets with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil each. With a mandoline or very sharp knife, slice the sweet potatoes into 1/2- to 1/4-inch slices. Arrange the slices in a single layer on the oiled baking sheets, then brush tops with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown underneath, rotating the pans 180 degrees and changing their positions on the upper/lower racks halfway through. Remove the pans from the oven, flip the slices over, then roast for an additional 8 to 11 minutes, until golden on top.
- Get full recipe==>>wellplated.com