This is How to make paleo coconut whipped cream from a can of coconut milk. A quick and healthy vegan sweet treat to use on desserts or served with fresh fruit. Delicious dairy free whipped topping!
- 1 (14 ounce) can Trader Joe’s Coconut Cream (or full fat Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk), chilled in the fridge overnight
- 1 tablespoon (or more to taste) coconut sugar or honey, optional
- Remove the thick and hardened coconut cream from the can and transfer to your mixing bowl, leaving any excess moisture/coconut water in the can. If your can of coconut cream did not harden up, unfortunately you got a dud can of coconut cream and it won’t whip into soft peaks. Use this can for cooking or baking instead, and try another can.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat on medium high for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy and soft peaks form. Scrape down the bowl. If adding sweetener, add now and continue beating until mixed. I usually don’t add sweetener, since the coconut cream has its own natural sweetness. But if you like it sweeter, feel free to add it.
- Serve and enjoy! Leftovers will keep for 5 days refrigerated in an airtight container.
- Scoop the cold (or even room temperature) coconut cream into a small bowl, leaving any excess moisture/coconut water in the can. Whip it up with a fork for a few seconds until fluffy. It won’t be as stiff and pretty, but this takes less than a minute and you don’t have to bust out your stand mixer or hand mixer!
- You can serve the whipped coconut cream immediately, or transfer to an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. It will harden up in the fridge. Just whisk for a few seconds before serving again.