Healthy Recipes - These Cranberry Goat Cheese Tarts are a bright, savory appetizer for any of your upcoming holiday parties, especially for Thanksgiving! This appetizer is light enough to open up a large meal. That makes it easy for you to load up on a few without spoiling your appetite!
- 1 package puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- Zest of one orange
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slightly roll out puff pastry sheets with a rolling pin. Using a biscuit cutter or cookie cutter, cut 1 1/2” rounds. Place these rounds on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Using a smaller biscuit cutter or a small knife, create a border just inside the end of the pastry rounds (you are creating a little crust by doing this). Poke the inner circle with a fork all over.
- Spread each inner circle with 1 to 2 tsp of cranberry sauce. Top with a pinch of orange zest and crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the over and sprinkle each with fresh thyme leaves. Serve immediately.