Healthy Recipes - These Vegan Irish Stew are Perfect for St. Patrick's Day. Hearty vegetables in a rich, earthy, thick stout beer broth. It's a stick to your ribs kinda stew!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 - 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (473ml) vegan stout beer (I used Sawdust City Brewing Co Skinny Dippin' Stout)
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 8 oz mushrooms, quartered
- 2 1/2 cups baby potatoes, halved (or about 2 regular potatoes and cut into chunks)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, and when hot add in the celery, onion, and garlic. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent and just begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour. Stir well to coat the veggies, and cook for another minute to heat up the flour. Add 2 cups of vegetable broth, and scrape the bottom of the pan with your spoon to get any bits off the bottom.
- Get full recipe==>>itdoesnttastelikechicken.com