Healthy Recipes - If you're looking for the chocolate cake of your dreams, this is it. No one will even know it's vegan!
You’ll Need:Dry ingredients:
- 2½ cups all-Purpose flour
- 2½ cups white sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⅔ cups non-dairy milk (such as soy or almond)
- ⅔ cups light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegan butter (such as Earth Balance)
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk (if needed)
- To Make the Cake: Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Prepare two 8" round baking pans by lightly greasing them, and then cutting a circle of parchment paper to fit into the bottom.
- In a large bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Don't over mix. Divide the batter into the prepared pans, then pop them in the oven. Bake for about 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cakes cool completely before frosting.
- Get full recipe==>>itdoesnttastelikechicken.com