These lemon spaghetti with spinach are the perfect dinner recipe for busy weeknights! I love making one pot meals! They're so easy and comforting. This is one of my favorite vegan dinner recipes!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (full fat)
- 9 oz spaghetti
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- lemon juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- red pepper flakes
- In a large pot, heat some oil and sauté the onion for 3 minutes until it becomes translucent. Then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the uncoooked spaghetti, the vegetable broth, the coconut milk, and the lemon juice. Stir a couple of times and gently push the spaghetti in the liquid when they're soft enough (this might take a couple of minutes. Try not to break them when they're still too hard). Cook for 15-18 minutes.
- When the spaghetti are al dente, stir in the spinach and the lemon zest. Cook for 2 more minutes and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
- I usually cook my one pot lemon spaghetti on medium heat. Just make sure that the spaghetti are not sticking to the bottom once in a while. If this is the case, turn down the heat a bit.
- Don't be surprised that the cooking time is a bit longer than usual (15-18 minutes). The spaghetti won't be over-cooked at all. They just need more time as they don't have as much liquid as they would when you cook them in water. However, they will have a much deeper flavor this way!
- It will take some time until all of the spaghetti are covered with liquid. Don't worry that's normal! Stir a couple of times and gently push the spaghetti in the liquid when they're soft enough. This might take a couple of minutes. Try not to break them when they're still too hard.
- I usually use full-fat coconut for my lemon spaghetti to make it extra creamy. However, I had some readers try it with light coconut milk and they said it still turned out very creamy.