Healthy Recipes - These Vegetarian spaghetti are with mushrooms and spinach makes an easy, healthy one pot pasta dinner that’s ready in 25 minutes!
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) package button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 10 oz. thin spaghetti noodles (I use whole wheat)
- 3 cups fresh spinach or baby spinach
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Italian-style hard cheese, plus extra for serving
- For serving: 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil or parsley (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms and saute for 5-7 minutes, until tender and the liquid from the mushrooms has been mostly cooked off.
- Add garlic and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (if using) and saute another 30 seconds.
- Get full recipe==>>familyfoodonthetable.com