Healthy Recipes - Get this tested, easy-to-follow recipe for gluten free zucchini chicken parmesan bundles. Make them ahead and freeze them for a quick weeknight meal!
- 4 ounces cream cheese cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, pressed into your palm to release its oils
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 8 ounces low-moisture mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, finely grated
- 2 1/4 cups zucchini and yellow squash, grated and squeezed dry of all liquid (280 g)* (from about 2 medium-large zucchini/squash)
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- Egg wash (2 eggs + 2 tablespoons milk, beaten)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free cornflake crumbs, finely ground in a blender or food processor (plus more if necessary)
- 12 ounces cooked gluten free spaghetti, for serving
- Chopped fresh basil, for serving
- *I squeeze the liquid out of grated zucchini and squash by placing it, about 1/4 cup at a time, in a tea towel, rolling up the towel and twisting it to squeeze out all of the liquid. You can use whatever combination of zucchini and yellow squash you would like, or all one or the other.
- Make the filling and assemble the bundles: In a medium-size bowl, place the cream cheese, dried oregano, dried basil, salt and garlic powder, and mix to combine well. Add 6 ounces of the grated mozzarella cheese, about half of the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and the zuccchini/squash, and mix until just combined. Lay out the chicken breasts on a flat surface, divide the cream cheese and zucchini mixture among them, and spread out the mixture evenly on top of each piece of chicken. Beginning at a short end of each chicken breast, roll tightly to the other end. At this point, the chicken bundles can be sealed into a freezer safe container and frozen. Before proceeding with the recipe, defrost the chicken in the refrigerator overnight.
- Coat the bundles: Before baking, set up a coating station of two shallow bowls: one with the egg wash, and one with the cornflake crumbs and remaining half of the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Next to the cornflake crumbs, place the prepared baking sheet. Dredge each chicken bundle in the egg wash on all sides, allowing any excess to drip off, and then in the cornflake crumb mixture on all sides, pressing the crumbs gently onto the chicken to secure them. Place the bundles, seam side down, about an inch apart from one another on the prepared baking sheet.
- Get full recipe==>>glutenfreeonashoestring.com